Mark has over a decade of experience in the Fitness industry in Queenstown both as a personal trainer and also as an administrator running gym, boot camps and consulting and advising for other fitness operators. He enjoys the outdoors is a keen hunter and was formerly a triathlete and multisport athlete and very active coach. Mark currently works with several of Queenstown’s more social individuals which presents is own set of challenges however he always finds a way to work around their lifestyles to achieve their goals and is not afraid of getting out on the road with them if needed! Currently training Scoop for his next half marathon!
- Endurance Training – Mark has coached endurance athletes in particular swimmers, triathletes, multisporters and runners extensively over the past decade since winding up my own endurance sport career in the mid 2000’s.
- Sport Specific Training – Mark has worked with National bodies for Ice Hockey, Beach Volleyball and Skiing as well as trained high level Tennis, Rugby and Cricket players.
- Group and Boot Camp Style Training – NZBCS Level 5 Trainer. Mark has taken countless boot camp sessions, trained other boot camp trainers and designed various boot camp programmes.
- Women’s Training – Mark has designed several women’s only programmes which are available through Fight Science. He has worked hard to identify specific drivers for health issues in women and developed his training programmes and sessions around helping overcome these.
I believe exercise should be a fun and enjoyable experience that is incorporated into everyday living. Having a background in sports has led me to be extremely passionate about leading a healthy lifestyle through nutrition and exercise. I have studied at the University of Otago for the last four years and have since moved to Queenstown where I am living my dream of educating others about health and fitness and being able to participate in the many outdoor activities I love.
· BAppSci majoring in Sport and Exercise Nutrition and minoring in Management (Level 7) University of Otago, Dunedin
· Diploma in Applied Sport and Exercise Leadership specializing in Personal Training and Exercise prescription (Level 5) Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin
Erana has 7 years experience training and competing Muay Thai in NZ & Thailand. After a serious injury in 2011 that nearly left her in a wheel chair, she credits her recovery to her per-accident fitness learnt from her Muay Thai training and the encouragement from her students as they helped her along the long road to recovery.
"My students are what drive me, they motivate me and keep me honest. I'm constantly striving to understand their needs individually and collectively as a group and what I need to show them in order to reach their fitness goals."
Fitness Tip - Core, core, core - It's all about the CORE!! A strong core is the foundation for achieving all of your other fitness goals. It allows you to stabilize your body, protect your back whilst isolating specific body sites during training; in the weights room, on the mats or even running!
I have been brought up with a strong sporting background and a healthy lifestyle. I was on a professional Downhill mountain bike team in Europe for 2 years and won a junior World Cup in South Africa, Also placing 3rd in the world series. After achieving my goals I then set off to university on a prime ministers scholarship and completed a Diploma in Applied Sport and Exercise Leadership specializing in Personal Training and Exercise prescription (Level 5) so I could exceed my knowledge in training not only for my self but others too. With my understanding of the level of training required to get to the top along with my experience no dream is out of reach. Whether it’s from high performance sports specific results you are after, muscle building, fat loss, rehabilitation or even just general fitness I will help you achieve your goals.
Michelle joined us here at Fitness Retreats as a trainer around a year ago, her passion lies with all sports and the outdoors having competed in various sports and events since a young age. Her main sporting interest now is long distance running and competing in multi- sport events such as the Speight’s Coast to Coast and Local events such as the Moonlight Trial 30KM Jelly Belly Trail run. Queenstown provides the perfect training ground, with lakes and vast mountain trails, when you go training with Michelle you will be taken off the beaten track for spectacular views. Michelle believes that exercise should be a lifetime habit with continuous goals and challenges, and loves nothing more than seeing clients achieve past their own expectations.
Are you ready for the challenge?
-Currently Studying a Bachelor in Sport and Exercise through Massey University
- Certified Bootcamp NZ Trainer